Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
FAST FACTS 42
January 10th, 2014
FIRST 2014 MIXER THURS., JAN 16, 5:30 PM AT MANGIA GOURMET!
Start the New Year off right! Join Jill Johnson and Scott Linde for our 2014 Kickoff Mixer at one of Gulfport’s fine new restaurants/caterers in our Historic Waterfront District. What better place to enjoy the company of your fellow optimist-problem solvers at the beginning of what promises to be a very good year in the Gulfport area? Not only will you learn about the fresh and healthy offerings at Mangia Gourmet, but you will get to know a lot of fine folks with whom you can do business and who can do business with you. Bring a pile of business cards and be ready to have a good time while doing some good. See you there!
2014 Kickoff Mixer
2930 Beach Boulevard South
2014 BOARD OF DIRECTORS HOLD FIRST MEETING
Your votes have been counted and your Board of Directors is set for the coming year. The first meeting of the new Board is to be held on Thursday, January 16 at 8:00 AM at the Gulfport Meeting Center. The Board members are:
- Brian Atkins, Regions Bank;
- Barbara Banno, Stella’s Deli,
- Linda Craig, Perfect Ten Nail Salon and Boutique;
- Silas Daniel, Dr. Silas Daniel, DDS;
- Pat Dunham, Pat Dunham Home Based Business Consulting;
- West Dupes, Insurance Concepts Unlimited;
- Joe Guenther, O’Maddy’s Bar and Grille;
- Angela Lagan, Gulfport Beach Bazaar;
- Lori Rosso, Sea Breeze Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn;
- Barry Rubin, Time Systems;
- Joe Soska, Olympus Printing, Inc.;
- Tony Spinney, America’s Office Source
- Ester Venouziou, Local Shoppes, LLC.
ANNUAL ELECTION OF OFFICERS BY CHAMBER BOARD
On Thursday morning, January 16 at 8:00 PM the Chamber Board of Directors will meet at the Gulfport Meeting Center, 5021 Tangerine Avenue South where, among other business the annual election of Chamber Officers will be held. The President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer will be elected. Currently Lori Rosso of Sea Breeze Manor Bed and Breakfast is President, Linda Craig of Perfect Ten Nail Salon and Boutique is Vice President, Barry Rubin of Time Systems is Vice President and Lynda Shehan of Auntie Lynda’s Pet Service is Secretary. The meeting is open to Chamber Members.
Yard Sale to Benefit the Gulfport Public Library
- Gulfport Neighbors Beach Cleanup Saturday, January 11
9 a.m. Gulfport Beach Waterfront Complex Shelter #4
Gulfport Community Players Presents:”Inlaws, Outlaws, and Other People” January 9 – 26
Catherine Hickman Theater 5501 27th Ave. S. Gulfport, FL 33707
- City of Gulfport Celebrates ARBOR DAY Friday, January 17 10 a.m.
Michael J. Yakes Recreation Complex
Behind the Recreation Center 5730 Shore Blvd. S. Gulfport, FL 33707
- The Gulfport Neighbors Presents:”Junk in the Trunk or on a Truck”
Saturday, January 18 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Neighborhood Center 1617 49th Street South Gulfport, FL 33707
Join the Circle of Friends of the Gulfport Public Library at 3038 Dupont Street South for a Big Yard Sale on Saturday, January 11th from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be something for everyone, including collectibles. All proceeds will go to the Library’s programs and resources. For more information, please visit http://mygulfport.us/gpl/yard-sale-to-benefit-library/ or call 488-0663.
New ideas are always welcome. Criticisms of what we are doing are the springboards to improvement.
Please call or email us with your comments at:
727-344-3711 or email@example.com.