The Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce is a private, not-for-profit corporation that is made up of area businesses, professional offices and other service organizations. It is the voice of private enterprise in Gulfport, South Pasadena and the region surrounding them.
that a generally profitable business community within a well governed, business friendly environment is the basic essential for meaningful job creation and the economic well being of area residents. Therefore, many diverse economic entities that often compete with one another have banded together in an organization dedicated to the overall prosperity of the area it serves.
The Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce goes beyond...
the traditional role of promoting the virtues of its area to the world by sponsoring a broader based and more comprehensive program of work designed to improve the regional business and residential climate. Task forces of business and professional people are now engaged in area marketing/public relations, economic development/redevelopment and public/governmental affairs. A special incubator program for helping small business to start and grow has recently been established.
While the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce serves the public purpose of helping to provide people with jobs and a solid economic base, it also stands as a bulwark in defense of the free enterprise system and provides members with tangible benefits that will add to the profitability of the enterprises.
All area businesses and professional practices should support the Chamber Movement by becoming a member of the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber program also creates bottom-line benefits to the member that should outweigh the member’s financial support. Personal involvement in the various Chamber projects and activities is of further benefit to the member.
Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce
Active members of the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce should receive benefits to their bottom line that far exceed the value of their financial contribution. Some of these benefits are:
- Aggressive promotion of the Gulfport-South Pasadena Area designed to bring traffic to local businesses. Attractive local events and targeted marketing programs are a tradition of the Chamber.
- A clear, consistent "Buy Local," and "Buy From Fellow Chamber Members," programs bring $ to a member’s bottom line.
- A Chamber website designed to maximize the number of “hits” by the buying public. Your name in the Membership Directory under appropriate categories will bring customers to you from all over the world. (Special, members only, advertising opportunities on the web are available.)
- A Chamber Website that provides hot links to each member's own website.
- A Chamber "brand" that is known worldwide and gives the customer confidence that your business is reputable, substantial and accountable.
- Joint marketing throughout your primary and secondary market areas, (with some spillover), will bring more customers to your area and to your place of business at a lower cost than by any other method.
- A competitive advantage over out-of-area competitors and non-members.
- "Gateway to the Gulf Beaches," promotions will positively identify our Gulfport/Pasadena market area to the rest of the region as a place to go for goods, services, healthcare and fine restaurants.
- Early, electronic access to local business news that could affect your business.
- Confidential assistance in bringing new businesses and investments into the area that will help to reduce real estate taxes and bring new dollars into the local market.
- Provision of informative breakfasts, mixers and seminars to help you and your employees build market share.
- The provision of two free, membership lists on mailing labels per year provides remarkable access to a valuable market segment.
- Access to The Gulfport Area Chamber's Mentor Program provides invaluable advice and assistance to other members facing important business decisions such as growth, relocation and finance.
- The Chamber's support of technological and work related courses of study in our local high schools to provide the area with a better, more qualified workforce.
- Periodic and annual awards to outstanding members provide the opportunity for recognition by the public and your peers.
- Ability to display brochures and business cards at the Chamber's Information Center on Gulfport Boulevard can bring visitors right to your door.
The best investment you'll ever make.
The Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce Means Business!
- Brian Atkins, Regions Bank
- Dr. Silas Daniels, Dr. Silas Daniels, DDS
- Pat Dunham, Home Based Business Consulting
- West Dupes, Insurance Concepts
- Atty. Charles Gallagher, Charles Gallagher and Associates
- Joe Guenther, O' Maddy's Bar and Grill
- Andrea Royce, The Longhouse
- Lewis Slaff, Gulfport Auto and Truck Repair
- Joe Soska, Olympus Printing
- Ester Venouziou, Local Shops 1
- Economic Development/Redevelopment:
- Government/Community Relations: Michael Audino
- Marketing/Events: Lori Rosso, Sea Breeze Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Membership/Ambassadors: Ruth Gruhn, Boca Ciega Center
- Mentors: Lawrence Burke
- Pink Flamingo Home Tour: Dolly Tickell
- Executive Director: Bob Newcomb
- Operations Manager: Lillie Cintron
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kathy Durand
- Facebook Coordinator: Bob Usher
Every third Thursday
of the month
5:30 pm until 7:00 pm.
June 20th Mixer
will be held at:
5411 Shore Blvd S,
Gulfport Art Walk
1st Friday & 3rd Saturday
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tuesday Fresh Market
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
A Healing Arts Center