While the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce serves the public purpose of helping to provide people with jobs and a solid economic base, it also stands as a bulwark in defense of the free enterprise system and provides members with tangible benefits that will add to the profitability of the enterprises.
All area businesses and professional practices should support the Chamber Movement by becoming a member of the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber program also creates bottom-line benefits to the member that should outweigh the member’s financial support. Personal involvement in the various Chamber projects and activities is of further benefit to the member.
You can fill out the Membership Application Online.
Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce
Active members of the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce should receive benefits to their bottom line that far exceed the value of their financial contribution. Some of these benefits are:
- Aggressive promotion of the Gulfport-South Pasadena Area designed to bring traffic to local businesses. Attractive local events and targeted marketing programs are a tradition of the Chamber.
- A clear, consistent “Buy Local,” and “Buy From Fellow Chamber Members,” programs bring $ to a member’s bottom line.
- A Chamber website designed to maximize the number of “hits” by the buying public. Your name in the Membership Directory under appropriate categories will bring customers to you from all over the world. (Special, members only, advertising opportunities on the web are available.)
- A Chamber Website that provides hot links to each member’s own website.
- A Chamber “brand” that is known worldwide and gives the customer confidence that your business is reputable, substantial and accountable.
- Joint marketing throughout your primary and secondary market areas, (with some spillover), will bring more customers to your area and to your place of business at a lower cost than by any other method.
- A competitive advantage over out-of-area competitors and non-members.
- “Gateway to the Gulf Beaches,” promotions will positively identify our Gulfport/Pasadena market area to the rest of the region as a place to go for goods, services, healthcare and fine restaurants.
- Early, electronic access to local business news that could affect your business.
- Confidential assistance in bringing new businesses and investments into the area that will help to reduce real estate taxes and bring new dollars into the local market.
- Provision of informative breakfasts, mixers and seminars to help you and your employees build market share.
- The provision of two free, membership lists on mailing labels per year provides remarkable access to a valuable market segment.
- Access to The Gulfport Area Chamber’s Mentor Program provides invaluable advice and assistance to other members facing important business decisions such as growth, relocation and finance.
- The Chamber’s support of technological and work related courses of study in our local high schools to provide the area with a better, more qualified workforce.
- Periodic and annual awards to outstanding members provide the opportunity for recognition by the public and your peers.
- Ability to display brochures and business cards at the Chamber’s Information Center on Gulfport Boulevard can bring visitors right to your door.
The best investment you’ll ever make.
The Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce Means Business!